How to install a file

Status
Not open for further replies.

FEmblem495

Solid State Member
I'm not very good with using computers, and I just couldn't figure this out. Is there any way to install a .pkg file on Windows? I'm trying to download something for Mac, and copying it to a flash drive i have. However, whenever i try to double click the .pkg file, I end up browsing it, rather than having an installer come up like it does with a Mac. Can anyone help?

noo... I need to execute it first. Thing is, and this is probably really minor, dont yell at me. I'm installing a game. Gasp, wow not important enough to be on this forum? Anyway my plan is, and dont say i have no life, because I know i do. The school i go to limits the student's priveliges of installing, and for some reason it blocks off the installation. I know I will be able to run it if i dont have to install it off of the schools comp. Basically i need to
1)Install using Windows
2) Copy the resulting program to flash drive.

Somone help please?

Well... i pretty much know that much. I'm asking if there is like a program that would allow Windows to install it. If not, oh well. Thanks.

basically in the hardest way possible i think hes saying

he wants a game on his pendrive in a no-install type setup so he can run it directly off a school computer, kinda like the pendrive windows requires no install.

for this you are going to need a cracked game im pretty sure, some cracked games i have especially all of my command and conquers are no install and run directly out of a folder. as for the cracking part im not to farmiliar with this so google

EXACTLY, THATS WHAT I"M ASKING. Oh well, i'm seeing as there is no Windows program that installs pkg, i see this topic is pointless now... Thanks everyone

why don't you make it a dmg file on the mac then use ultraiso in windows or vice-versa?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom