How to install [Dual Installation] Windows 7 64-bit alongside Vista Ultimate 64-bit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

soarwitheagles

Lookin' for higher ground
Hi everyone!

I have googled and looked at various sites regarding how to install windows 7 64-bit [dual installation] along with Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit.

There seems to be some conflicting views on how best to do this.

Can someone direct me to a site that is known to be excellent on this?

I also have one question: Am I placing my entire computer or other OS [Vista Ultimate 64-bit] at risk by installing Windows 7 64 bit?

I would appreciate any help on this matter.

Re: How to install [Dual Installation] Windows 7 64-bit alongside Vista Ultimate 64-b

Why do you need dual Win7 installs? That is the question you should be asking. Even as a Official Tester i never had the need to have a Dual Install of Win7. Even when testing 2 different versions of the software.

It is still a Beta, it will expire August 1 which is approaching fast. Why have dual installs which you will then have to format those drives, and combine the data back to the Vista drive or together. Which is going to cause more conflict and havoc on your system.

I can guide you but you need to seriously ask yourself if a dual install of Win7 is truely needed.

Re: How to install [Dual Installation] Windows 7 64-bit alongside Vista Ultimate 64-b

Why do you need dual Win7 installs? That is the question you should be asking. Even as a Official Tester i never had the need to have a Dual Install of Win7. Even when testing 2 different versions of the software.

It is still a Beta, it will expire August 1 which is approaching fast. Why have dual installs which you will then have to format those drives, and combine the data back to the Vista drive or together. Which is going to cause more conflict and havoc on your system.

I can guide you but you need to seriously ask yourself if a dual install of Win7 is truely needed.

Good morning Mak,

Sorry, I did not communicate more clearly. I wanted to know how to install one copy of Windows 7 64 bit and one copy of Windows Ultimate Vista 64 bit. I already have the Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit installed, now I was hoping to install the Windows 7 64 bit without messing anything up.

Can you direct me to a link that will show me how to do this?

Thanks,

Soar

You still didn't really answer Mak's question. I think Vista and Win7 use the same method for loading the OS. So all you would need to do is repartition your drive with a Gparted CD. Make an empty partition on the same drive. Then install Win7 on that new empty partition.

Be warned you are putting all of your data and OS at risk by redistributing the partition. Before doing this you should backup all files.

How to dual boot Windows Vista and Windows 7 (Vista installed first)
Vista XP Dual Boot - Understand the basics - The NeoSmart Forums

That is just a few of them. It is the same process from every other Dual Boot question we have. The only difference in the answer will be which OS will be installed first or 2nd. The process is always the same.

Create space, insert DVD, install, manage boot loader.

Doesnt matter if it is XP/Vista/Win7/Linux/BSD/OS X/Win2000/Win95/Win98/Win 3.1

The process is always the same.

How to dual boot Windows Vista and Windows 7 (Vista installed first)
Vista XP Dual Boot - Understand the basics - The NeoSmart Forums

That is just a few of them. It is the same process from every other Dual Boot question we have. The only difference in the answer will be which OS will be installed first or 2nd. The process is always the same.

Create space, insert DVD, install, manage boot loader.

Doesnt matter if it is XP/Vista/Win7/Linux/BSD/OS X/Win2000/Win95/Win98/Win 3.1

The process is always the same.

Mak,

Great! I am reading it now and will do the install later this evening.

Have a good one!

Soar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom