How to have an independent account? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 08:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
This is sparta!

Default How to have an independent account?

I have Windows Vista 64-Bit Ultimate. Here is my situation: i want to have one account for school and one account for my general use. The school account, I want it to load up as fast as I can by disabling all the startup items such as firewalls, anti viruses, object docks.

I ask this because lately it takes me about 2 minutes for my PC to fully boot up because it has a lot of startup items. I got it down to the point where the only thing thats left is the firewall and antivirus but its still not fast enough for me.

IS there a way to have 2 different msconfigs with two different accounts having 2 different startups?

Old 01-15-2009, 08:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Send a message via AIM to Lexluethar
Default Re: How to have an independent account?

Yup.

Create both accounts. In one go into control pannel, then windows defender. Click tools, then software explorer and remove everything that isn't system critical. You can also go into the msconfig page and do this.

The other option is to just disable everything in the original account, then just startup services manually once you need them.