How good is Microsoft's free antivirus software?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the past that is a notion that i would have considered crazy, but given the high quality of M$ new products it is a prudent decision. I'm loving 7 now that I got my driver issues fixed.
Well i am crazy so for me this is normal. I have nothing but Beta browser on here and so much more. For me running Beta software is normal. I feel weird running final products.:laughing:

Hey Mak, whats the deal with false positives on the M$ AV? Avast deleted a system file on a clean windows install that had never been online before so i gave up on it. And AVG has been known to try and mark the drm on my games as viruses. Does the M$ AV have similar issues, or does it know what is ok and what isn't?

Hey Mak, whats the deal with false positives on the M$ AV? Avast deleted a system file on a clean windows install that had never been online before so i gave up on it. And AVG has been known to try and mark the drm on my games as viruses. Does the M$ AV have similar issues, or does it know what is ok and what isn't?

From the various sites that i have read about the testing done MSE has very few false positives. I know i linked to a site or 3 about the testing that was done and said even in house files that they use to trick other AV apps did not set off MSE.

So i would highly doubt that MSE will be set off by the DRM from your games.

Just tested it using Eset's online scanner. Eset pulled up 11 that MSE had missed.

Missed. MSE didn't register them, but Eset did. I wish I would have took note of what the items were, though... Eset tends to be extremely thorough so they might not have been viruses per se.

That is why i asked if they were false positives. I mean Eset flags the Firefox Ultimate Optimizer as a virus. While very few others do. Which is why i am not overly concerned that Eset found those items. Cause it can simply just be Eset being over protective and not MSE actually missing the items.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom