how to duplicate application in volume control

Status
Not open for further replies.

mongolianwalrus

Beta member
Full question: How to add a new/duplicate volume control in the 'Volume mixer' (aka application specific volume control) in windows 7? specifically, how to add another duplicate chrome to control different sounds in different tabs.

example: opening 2 tabs: 1 youtube, 1 hulu in chrome and having two 'Google Chrome' applications in volume control so I can mute one and keep the other one still playing with sound.

I've done it before, but I'm not sure HOW I did it, I just know its possible. Sometimes when i open another video it just automatically does it, and sometimes it doesn't.

I just want to know if there's a specific way to do it, unless its just a bug then I guess I'm just screwed and have to install another chrome.

Don't think there's a way to 'duplicate' the volume controls. Sometimes when you mute videos and start another 1, the browser saves the setting so the 2nd stream auto mutes, may be this what you did?

You can also check out this addon Flashblock, it blocks the (flash) content from automatically streaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom