How to download a specific part of a file with direct link

Status
Not open for further replies.

elnaz1010

Beta member
hi
the problem is i have 3 computer with different 512kbps connection and im downloading big files regularly. i was wondering if there is a download manager which can be told to download only a specific part of a file..
with this, i can split the downloading process and after that join 3 part to one file and have a 3*512 connection speed.
as i see download managers make some few connection to the file host and requesting the file. with this, they increase the download speed, but they download all parts by self, i wonder maybe there is a download manager who can be told to download a specific part.

is there any solution to this?

best regards

Sorry but what you want to accomplish isnt possible.

with thanks to Mak213 for reply,
would you please explain why it isnt possible?
im a computer engineer, i think i can understand.

regards.

They come from the server as a single file only. There is no way you can take this file, split it when you click download and then from there send parts to another PC to download. After that combine them again. It just isnt possible. You get only a link and that link is to the file. The only way you can, is through using Torrents, but those are not HTTP downloads. With Torrents you can selectively choose which part downloads where. But when you trying to download a file such as the new Opera Browser, it is a single executable file not a torrent. You can not split this exe file and then combine it again. It is beyond the relm of possibility. Even using download managers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom