How to download a full offline installation for Windows live messenger 8.5 ? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 08:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Default How to download a full offline installation for Windows live messenger 8.5 ?

When I try to install Windows Live messenger 8.5 it says that I need to download a new version of windows update agent.. or something like that !!

The size of WLM 8.5 is only 2.28MB. So, this means that it will connect to internet to install it, right ?

Can someone tell if there is any website were I can download a full offline installation for WLM 8.5 ?

Old 12-09-2007, 12:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via ICQ to Osiris Send a message via AIM to Osiris Send a message via MSN to Osiris Send a message via Yahoo to Osiris
Default Re: How to download a full offline installation for Windows live messenger 8.5 ?

Thats correct

When it gives you that message to install WUA, click the link to download it, then download messenger

Old 12-09-2007, 06:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

Default Re: How to download a full offline installation for Windows live messenger 8.5 ?

There is no offline client for WLM 8.5 or above anymore. They do it online now. to check for WUA and such.

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Old 12-09-2007, 11:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

funny. I just sent this file to somebody this morning

WLMessenger
Old 12-10-2007, 12:01 AM   #5 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

If it is a older package it will give a error. I have several WLM installers. But everyone of them gave a error and not install. They have a new installer system they use for WLM.

It is for the whole Live package now which includes Messenger, Writer, Live Mail, and a couple fo the others. I think the very first stand alone might work but they are out dated.

Old 12-10-2007, 09:04 AM   #6 (permalink)
Lord Techie

I think this is rather stupid... I don't download yahoo because they want an online installer... Might stop using live messenger...
Old 12-10-2007, 09:11 AM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles_scott View Post
I think this is rather stupid... I don't download yahoo because they want an online installer... Might stop using live messenger...
You can download an offline installer for yahoo messenger from filehippo
Download Yahoo! Messenger 8.1.0.421 - filehippo.com
Old 12-10-2007, 01:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

install it, then look in your temp folder for the full file
Old 12-10-2007, 10:20 PM   #9 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroon1 View Post
You can download an offline installer for yahoo messenger from filehippo
Download Yahoo! Messenger 8.1.0.421 - filehippo.com
Windows Live Messenger 8.5.1302.1018 is the most current version. That is the first release of WLM 8.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricB View Post
install it, then look in your temp folder for the full file
Dont you have to still pass the WUA before it downloads? Dont knwo for sure. I should just get the temp file and upload that.

Old 12-10-2007, 11:09 PM   #10 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

what's WUA and why when I install the new version on legit computers their computer starts acting retarded? that why I've been uploading that 8.1 version to sendspace

Closed Thread