How does Sys Restore work?

BrainFRZ

Solid State Member
How does System Restore go about restoring uninstalled software? It's easy to see how it can uninstall something you didn't want. But when you've uninstalled a program and deleted its files, etc, how does System Restore go about bringing it back? I doubt very much it'd search the web to reinstall something. And besides which, it doesn't seem to actually do a reinstallation, but rather just return things. Is everything including the software's files (and not just settings) backed up on the image? It's just another curiosity question, but it's something for me to know for the future.

Had you try to make a system restore point -> uninstall any application -> make a system restore. And uninstalled application appears again?
As i know System Restore works: you chose restore point -> System Restore restores system setting by leaving files as it was and remove any application installed after that System Restore checkpoint.
System Recovery disk holds Windows OS + Drivers. In my opinion :lol:
Files and software should't be included because of viruses, storage capacity. You can make scheduled files backups to external HDD or Clouds.

Back
Top Bottom