How do you set up your partitions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool thanks for the info. Currently I have 100GB for XP Pro, I'll probably just install all games and apps to C:, 200 GB for Data DL's and more apps if I run out of space, 120 GB IDE drive for other data that I don't access all the time.

I may change the size of C: though, is there a good freeware program that will allow you to reduce C: as well as expand it?

GParted live for cd or usb flash drive works quite well for the free Linux drive tool found at SourceForge.net: Files

The 0.3.3.0 release the way it is listed there is a platform independent version for any OS. Windows(Fat, NTFS), Mac, Linux, SUN's Solaris, etc. with the general instructions including screen shots seen at GPARTED DOCUMENTATION - GENERALITIES

That does everything but format partitions. For Windows you then use the Disk Management tool or new option seen on the Vista installation disk for formatting and resizing MS partitions.

For basic Windows only you can run smaller partitions. But once you start installing a good number of programs and having a folders for things like mp3s, videos, etc. your primary suddenly runs out of room. For an abundance of files then you consider a secondary storage partition or drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom