How do you reinstall a program?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well you'd have to download it again and install it, for example from the McAfee website. Not that I'd recommend McAfee.

why you uninstall?
and again why you reinstall?
Maybe they uninstalled to try out a different program? Maybe they are reinstalling cause they were not happy with the choice?

People can uninstall programs for any reason in the world. You mean to tell me you have never uninstalled a program that you didnt like or use? You mean to tell me you never formatted a PC and had to reinstall your software?

It is never advised to run 2 Anti-Virus programs so they could have easily uninstall McAfee to try out another. After that they found out they didnt like McAfee. So they want to go back to it. It isnt our place to ask why but to assist them in getting the issue they came here for resolved.

ah...
i asked that question due to is it any problem in uninstall MCAfee antivirus...

why you uninstall?
and again why you reinstall?

I need to uninstall and reinstall it because something is preventing me from accessing my account on my internet provider's webpage. Its possible that mcafee was not working or properly installed, but I won't know if this will resolve my problem unless I reinstall it.

Well the quicker way to test, rather than uninstalling and reinstall McAfee is to try in Safe Mode. Hit F8 during the boot process and select Safe Mode with Networking. That will allow you to access the internet. Check the ISP site. This will load Windows with no protection so do NOT go anywhere else.

If you can see the ISP Site. Then McAfee could be the faulty program. To remove it i would suggest using their removal tool.

|MG| McAfee Consumer Product Removal Tool 3.0.128.8 Download

This can be done via safe mode as well. Then load Windows normally and try the site again. If you can load the site, then it was McAfee. If not then you have other issues we have to resolve.

If it does turn out to be McAfee then either A.) we need to guide you on how to add a exception to McAfee to allow you access or B.) get you a better protection software.

I would strongly recommend B. But the choice is yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom