How do you reformat this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
tribalsun said:
My bad, I didn't notice you had no floppy drive. Here is the link for the powermax ISO. Make sure you burn the image to disc and not make a data CD out of it.

You're awesome. I appreciate your help. I know this sounds dumb but I've read the Maxtor site but I don't understand a single thing that I need to do. What will this powermax do for me?
Can I select items to clean?
Does it restore everything?
Does it just clean up everything automatically?

I'm sorry for the questions.

I have an HP L2000
100 GB HD
1GB RAM
16x DVDR/CDRW DL
I've just never worked with the old computers or done any formating or partitioning on my computers. The closest I've come was putting in the 4 recovery cd's and letting it run and it goes back to factory but still has all the OS and stuff. (that's what I'd like to accomplish)Then I just delete all the crap.

This is for my mom to use for email

Would you mind dumbing down the answer for me. Sorry!

But, once again, I really appreciate your help!

Thanks,
Justin

Your quite welcome, powermax does not recover anything. It writes zeros to your hard drive thus taking it back to "factory specs" so to speak. It's a safe way to insure that you get rid of any residual garbage left over from previous installs. Use your CD burning software to burn the image to disc, not make a data CD as previously stated. Once it completes its job than you can use your 98 disc and install it. Since your using the entire drive as the C Drive on this PC you won't have to worry about partitioning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom