How do you reformat this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sj022698

Baseband Member
OK. Here is the computer I'm giving my mom strictly for email. I need to reformat.

http://www.zymos.ca/products/dfi/dfi8120.htm

How do I do this. I don't have a cd or anything. I want to send it back to the factory condition. Someone loaded windows 2000 on it but it does not have enough memory to be running this. However, do 98 and 2000 require the same memory?

I just want it back to original factory.

All suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Justin

This is the max the memory goes. So, if I had a 98 disk would that overwrite everything?

Also, does the 98 and 2000 use the same amount of memory?

Microsoft recommends at least 64 megs of RAM for 2000. Microsoft likes to lowball their requirements also to improve sales so it would be safe to say that 2000 would choke on 64 megs.

Win 98 the memory requirements are 16 megs with 24 megs recommended. If you have a choice between the 2 I would go with 98.

eBay has them pretty cheap if you need to purchase 98.

edit - why is there a smilely on this reply, I didn't put one in my reply? *strange*

I've run XP smoothly on 96mb RAM. Granted I changed a few options, but it ran fairly smooth out of the box.
One nice quick thing you can do to improve speed is to:
1.Click Start->Right-Click My Computer->Properties->Advanced Tab
2.In the Performance box click the Settings Button
3. Click "Adjust for Best Performance"
4. Click OK

OK. I'm going with Win 98

Now. How do I delete everything possible. Hard drive, etc...

Partitions....I don't even know what they do or how they operate. How can I clean them up?

hey i've run Windows XP Pro on 64MB RAM and it worked jst fine without all the fancy XP stuff and very few srvices running!

Windows 2000 (not original OS) has been loaded on the computer but I need to put 98 on it but since the memory is so low, I want to make sure everything is a clean as possible but I don't want to have to create partitions and things like that because I'm not sure how to.

Also, the laptop doesn't have a floppy. Can I just put the Powermax program on a CDR ?

If I install windows 98 over 2000 will it do a fresh install and erase all things while allowing me to not have to go through all those other steps?

My bad, I didn't notice you had no floppy drive. Here is the link for the powermax ISO. Make sure you burn the image to disc and not make a data CD out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom