how do you add an external tracker for torrents?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricB

Chillin Techie
I upload my stuff to demonoid which isn't as popular as pirate bay. I want to add one of my legal torrents to pirate bay so more people can share it. how can I use the same file?

Hello Eric,

Which application are you using to create the torrent? Or is the Torrent already created? I am guessing uTorrent. When you add a tracker to uTorrent you have to put in the first tracker. Hit enter twice, that is the key. Leave a blank space between the trackers.

That will allow for both trackers to function correctly.

Cheers,
Mak

you should be able to upload torrents through your client if you go into file there should be an upload if I;m not mistaken.

Hello,

Yes you can. But that isnt the question. The question was how to add a tracker. ;)

Cheers,
Mak

Hello Eric,

Maybe these links can help you along the way.

Create torrent wizard - AzureusWiki
HOW TO: Make a Torrent with Azureus - PaulStamatiou.com

They give some explination on how to enable external trackers. From this image here:

make_torrent4.jpeg

It would seem that you have to check the multi tracker box. Might want to read thru them more throughly to find out for sure.

Cheers,
Mak

Eric,

That was the first result i got when i googled for how to add a external tracker to azureus. In case you want to find some more articles. ;)

Cheers,
Mak

Eric,

Why not just use utorrent to create the torrent file real quick then seed it with Azureus? Could be a easier solution to the issue till you find out how to do it with Azurerus.

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom