How do we permamently remove MS outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
181 Days Ago, I got my a 180 day evaluation copy of MS Office 2003. Now since then I found that MS Office 2003 was not much use to me , ftherefore I will be sticking to my copy of Office Xp.

Now I have the following problem. I did leave the copy of Outlook 2k3 on my PC untill it expired. I have unstalled Outlook 2003, reinstalled Outlook Xp.

First thing that I notice is that all my email is still on Outlook Xp. The problem I do have is that everytime i try to SEND AND RECIEVE email, I have this message that pops up saying "THE OPERATION FAILED"

Since then I have reinstalled office a few times, and I am still getting the same result. EMAIL is still in the INBOX and the "THE OPERATION FAILED" message when I try to send and recieve.

Any ideas on how to completely remove OUTLOOK Xp from the system so I can do a fresh install outlook. The reason why I want to do this is that I think I might be able to over come my OPERATION HAS FAILED message.

BTW, I do not want to FORMAT C: and start again. It's only been about 6 weeks since my last format.

Put the microsoft office xp cd in. Click on add/remove programs and then highlight outlook. right click and select "x do not install from cd" something like that. Then click continue to run through the installation process.

At the end it should remove outlook from your system. If you want after this you can go to the outlook directory and delete what you can from there. Delete everything if you can, but be aware that all your email will be deleted. The directory on my computer is...
C:\Documents and Settings\"user"\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{FF81DEE0-491D-4651-9212-0F09442B3F26}\Microsoft\Outlook Express

so you can refer to that to get to your directory.

Establish a free (from you isp) an Outlook Express account.
Your problem :
Just another great example of buying an XP system.

Any ideas on how to completely remove OUTLOOK Xp
Don't use it to be your default email.

siaharash said:
Put the microsoft office xp cd in. Click on add/remove programs and then highlight outlook. right click and select "x do not install from cd" something like that. Then click continue to run through the installation process.

At the end it should remove outlook from your system. If you want after this you can go to the outlook directory and delete what you can from there. Delete everything if you can, but be aware that all your email will be deleted. The directory on my computer is...
C:\Documents and Settings\"user"\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{FF81DEE0-491D-4651-9212-0F09442B3F26}\Microsoft\Outlook Express

so you can refer to that to get to your directory.

I will give that a shot. Wish me luck.

stan-the-man said:
Any ideas on how to completely remove OUTLOOK Xp
Don't use it to be your default email.

I need OUTLOOK XP to sync with my PDA.

siaharash, U DA MAN!!!!

WORKS!!!!!!

Now I can continue on with my life........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom