How do i use Norton Ghost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhys

Baseband Member
Hi,

I've got the program Norton Ghost, I know that it is used for creating image files of your harddrive. However, I have no clue how to do that.

In the start menu under "Norton Ghost", it only has "Ghost Boot Wizard", "AI Builder", "Ghost Explorer", and "GhostCast server".

Can i make an image of my hard drive directly to a cd cos i have no space left on my HD?

Where do i go to create the image

Didn't the directions come with the program? Is there not a readme? Did you check with Norton's web site?

the main program norton ghost runs only in native DOS (not windows dos). from the available programs you are telling me i am assuming you have ghost 2002. if you need ghost to have NTFS access you need ghost 2003. if all you have is fat32 or fat16 you are fine.

run the boot wizard, it will create a boot disk with the main ghost program on it. boot up from that disk and everything should be smooth sailing. make sure you know what you are doing before restoring images or else you can destroy valuable data. creating images and checking them is non-destructive. read the help files that came with the program, should be in the boot wizard help menu or ghost explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom