How do I unlock hidden files?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WisdomRacing

Baseband Member
I transfered a HDD from an eMachines (XP Home) to a custom built computer (XP Pro). Everything is fine except there are groups of images I can't find/get now. It's my mom's computer so she called Geeks Squad and they said the files are just hidden and for $79 they could walk me through the recover...HA. I want to know if there are any online tutorials for recovering these files. Their folders are there, however the files are not. I think I may just put the HDD back into the old computer and back them up. Then put it into the new computer again, but I would rather figure out a way to do it from this computer.

Thanks for any help,
Jacob

OMG!!! Go to>my computer>double click on the C: drive icon: Choose the tools tab>Go to folder options>then the View tab>fill in the box that says "Show hiden files and folders" and then click ok. Geeks my ass..........$79 for a 30 second operation!

RicoDirenzo said:
OMG!!! Go to>my computer>double click on the C: drive icon: Choose the tools tab>Go to folder options>then the View tab>fill in the box that says "Show hiden files and folders" and then click ok. Geeks my ass..........$79 for a 30 second operation!

I'm with ya on that one...

ROFL! Ha! And Best Buy bought the "moron express"! You want a good laugh...go to Best Buy "tech" counter and ask them a simple question about, say SATA vs IDE, and then enjoy the festive mood that will engulf you!!!! Har Har Har!!!!

Most people barely know how to turn on the puter.....Any advertising that says you are a "geek" on national TV proves you are a genius! Har! People are routinely taken advantage of by retail stores (in terms of tech support). It's like going into an auto parts store and asking the counter guy a basic engine rebuild question.......................deer in the headlights!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom