How do I unlock hidden files? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 07:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Send a message via AIM to WisdomRacing
Default How do I unlock hidden files?

I transfered a HDD from an eMachines (XP Home) to a custom built computer (XP Pro). Everything is fine except there are groups of images I can't find/get now. It's my mom's computer so she called Geeks Squad and they said the files are just hidden and for $79 they could walk me through the recover...HA. I want to know if there are any online tutorials for recovering these files. Their folders are there, however the files are not. I think I may just put the HDD back into the old computer and back them up. Then put it into the new computer again, but I would rather figure out a way to do it from this computer.

Thanks for any help,
Jacob

Old 10-11-2005, 07:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master Techie

OMG!!! Go to>my computer>double click on the C: drive icon: Choose the tools tab>Go to folder options>then the View tab>fill in the box that says "Show hiden files and folders" and then click ok. Geeks my ***..........$79 for a 30 second operation!

Old 10-11-2005, 08:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via ICQ to Osiris Send a message via AIM to Osiris Send a message via MSN to Osiris Send a message via Yahoo to Osiris
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by RicoDirenzo
OMG!!! Go to>my computer>double click on the C: drive icon: Choose the tools tab>Go to folder options>then the View tab>fill in the box that says "Show hiden files and folders" and then click ok. Geeks my ***..........$79 for a 30 second operation!
I'm with ya on that one...
Old 10-11-2005, 09:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

No those are not geeks those are uber asses if they charge that.
Vista Discussion | 64 Bit Discussion |Microsoft Homepage | Yo Linux | Paul Thurrott | Fire Fox | Thunder Bird | Image Shack | Photo Bucket | Put File | Anti-Spyware | MS Anti-Spyware | Trillian | Anti-Virus | On Line Virus Scan
Old 10-11-2005, 09:49 PM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Osiris Send a message via AIM to Osiris Send a message via MSN to Osiris Send a message via Yahoo to Osiris
Talking

Ever heard of a gforce wireless video card? Geek Squad has and they can fix it for me...
Old 10-11-2005, 10:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

The sad part is I don't know if your joking.
Vista Discussion | 64 Bit Discussion |Microsoft Homepage | Yo Linux | Paul Thurrott | Fire Fox | Thunder Bird | Image Shack | Photo Bucket | Put File | Anti-Spyware | MS Anti-Spyware | Trillian | Anti-Virus | On Line Virus Scan
Old 10-11-2005, 10:46 PM   #7 (permalink)

The sad part is Im not
Old 10-12-2005, 07:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
Master Techie

ROFL! Ha! And Best Buy bought the "moron express"! You want a good laugh...go to Best Buy "tech" counter and ask them a simple question about, say SATA vs IDE, and then enjoy the festive mood that will engulf you!!!! Har Har Har!!!!
Old 10-12-2005, 07:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
S e c u r e d

Omg are they really that bad ? How are they in business ?
Old 10-12-2005, 07:55 PM   #10 (permalink)
Master Techie

Most people barely know how to turn on the puter.....Any advertising that says you are a "geek" on national TV proves you are a genius! Har! People are routinely taken advantage of by retail stores (in terms of tech support). It's like going into an auto parts store and asking the counter guy a basic engine rebuild question.......................deer in the headlights!!!!!!!

Closed Thread