how do I transfer Vista and revert to xp - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 04-14-2008, 11:15 PM   #11 (permalink)
Private Joker
Default Re: how do I transfer Vista and revert to xp

Originally Posted by Makaveli213 View Post
Again Carnage is right. With a OEM disc you only get i activation. When you buy Windows yo agree to their terms of service and their License agreement which says you will only install it on 1 machine.

Since you already installed it on the machine that has no OS right now and activated it you already used up your purchased License. That is not to say that you can not install it on another machine but that breaks the license agreement and considered illegal. Which we can not discuss in the forums.

But you could install it and tell M$ when you call them that the hard drive crashed. I am just saying you could do that. Not that i would.
Woo, twice in a row...I'm on fire .

Laptop: MSI GT70 2OC-059us | i7-4700MQ | 16GB | GTX 770m | 500GB SSD / 750GB HDD | 17.3" | Win10 Pro
Desktop: 4690k | 12GB g.Skill RipJaws | GTX 970 | 520hx | Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance C70 | Corsair H110 | Acer 25" | Acer 22" | Win10
Mobile: Samsung Galaxy Note 5

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the under my post
Closed Thread