How do I take a screenshot of the logon screen (or welcome scree) in Vista?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnico88

In Runtime
How do I take a screenshot of the logon screen (or welcome scree) in Vista? I know people that are into modding their welcome screen such as deviantart do it all the time. I tired PrintScreen with user switching but it didn't work. Anyone know if there is a third party software that will do that. I would appreciate if the software was free or at least had a trial period. Thanks!

There is no software apps that can do it pre-logon. All those screens you see are done from within the respective apps they made them with.

The only way to do it is with a digital camera.

While I keep looking does anyone else have any other ideas? I read a post on how you can hit Ctrl Alt Del and end explorer.exe and start another task: logonui.exe but that only works with XP and I already tried it in Vista.

We have already told you the only way it can be done. If that XP trick dont work then there is definately nothing else that can be done.

Just another thing to throw at you guys: While I was on my little PrintScreen adventure, I realized you can take a shot of your screensaver, so if any of you know of a hack/mod/workaround to make your welcome screen show on your screensaver then we solved the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom