How do I set up windows 8 to run on a ssd?

soarwitheagles

Lookin' for higher ground
I just built a new system and installed Windows 8 Consumer Review. I installed Windows 8 on an SSD.

Not sure how to set up Windows 8 to run correctly on an SSD.

With Windows 7 I used some program that did the entire adjustment with one click of the button. That was quite some time ago.

What should I do on this set up?

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks,

Soar

Well first your running an old build of Windows 8 already. They have the Release Preview out now. You should have that. I have no idea what else your talking about cause it runs fine on a SSD. I know cause mine is setup on a SSD and it runs just like Windows 7. So what your talking about with this program and getting it to run correctly is lost on me. It will run just like it would if it was installed to a normal mechanical drive.

Well first your running an old build of Windows 8 already. They have the Release Preview out now. You should have that. I have no idea what else your talking about cause it runs fine on a SSD. I know cause mine is setup on a SSD and it runs just like Windows 7. So what your talking about with this program and getting it to run correctly is lost on me. It will run just like it would if it was installed to a normal mechanical drive.

Ksod,

Thank you for the reply and sorry for the confusion. I think I did indeed install the newest version but I suppose I unknowingly called it the wrong name. Then again, can you tell me when the Release Preview came out?

Carnage is right, I was inquiring about running a tweak program that would adjust all the following settings with one click of the button:

Enable Write Caching
• Disable indexing
• Turn Off the Disk Defragmenter Schedule
• Disable defragmentation
• Disable Superfetch / Prefetch
• Disable the Page File
• Disable System Restore
• Disable Hibernate
• TRIM Commands

How do I know if I have the lastest version of Windows 8?

I think he's referencing the program mentioned in this thread:
http://www.techist.com/forums/f128/ssd-tweak-guide-236563/

It basically does the tasks for you that are performed in the tutorial.

Where can I find that program that does it all with one click of the button?

Soar

Ksod,

Thank you for the reply and sorry for the confusion. I think I did indeed install the newest version but I suppose I unknowingly called it the wrong name. Then again, can you tell me when the Release Preview came out?

Carnage is right, I was inquiring about running a tweak program that would adjust all the following settings with one click of the button:

Enable Write Caching
• Disable indexing
• Turn Off the Disk Defragmenter Schedule
• Disable defragmentation
• Disable Superfetch / Prefetch
• Disable the Page File
• Disable System Restore
• Disable Hibernate
• TRIM Commands

How do I know if I have the lastest version of Windows 8?

Where can I find that program that does it all with one click of the button?

Soar

It's listed in the thread I linked to in my previous reply. Under the category "SSD Tweak Utility".

Back
Top Bottom