how do i rip dvd's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have tried many different programs to rip a dvd to an avi file. This one is by far the easiest, and the quickest.

http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/autogk.htm

You can rip the dvd to any size you want, or split the the file. The quality is very good. I recomend it over any others. I have been able to rip a 2hr dvd in just over three hours into two 700mb files.

The process that I described above is not copying a dvd to a dvdr.

When i say ripping it is taking the whole movie and compressing it to any size file. The reason it takes three hours is that it runs two passes to get the best quality video.

This process is great for taking a taking a dvd and compressing the size down to any size you would like with great quality. The quality after the rip is still very high.

I have used dvd decripter, and dvd shrink to copy a dvd to a dvdr, and the quality is not as good as the quality you get when using auto_gk. Its all in the process of running two passes when compressing the movie.

Look into the autogk method, its much better than any others.

AND_YOU_ARE said:
I have tried many different programs to rip a dvd to an avi file. This one is by far the easiest, and the quickest.

http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/autogk.htm

You can rip the dvd to any size you want, or split the the file. The quality is very good. I recomend it over any others. I have been able to rip a 2hr dvd in just over three hours into two 700mb files.

The process that I described above is not copying a dvd to a dvdr.

When i say ripping it is taking the whole movie and compressing it to any size file. The reason it takes three hours is that it runs two passes to get the best quality video.

This process is great for taking a taking a dvd and compressing the size down to any size you would like with great quality. The quality after the rip is still very high.

I have used dvd decripter, and dvd shrink to copy a dvd to a dvdr, and the quality is not as good as the quality you get when using auto_gk. Its all in the process of running two passes when compressing the movie.

Look into the autogk method, its much better than any others.

All of the older encoding methods was better. they took a lot longer, but they would encode on a frame by frame basis. the 2 passes that Autog is a lot better method than most people use now

It's about speed now.

When i encode i usually leave it while i got to school. Im away for about 6 hours, and it only takes around 4 hours. On Flaskmpeg i set the DIVX codec to take the longest amount of time to give the highest quality output, and the files i get at the end are great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom