how do i rip dvd's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnev_89

Daemon Poster
like the title says, how do i rip dvd's to my hard drive so i can play them back later? i tried using dvd decrypor and it just gave me a bunch of files, none of which will actually let me watch the video...

thanks

1: Copy the files from the dvd to a hard disk folder.
2: Download and install the DIVX PRO Codec
3: Download and unzip FlaskMPEG
4: Run Flaskmpeg and open your DVD's VOB files so the movie appears in the Flaskmpeg screen.
5: Go to the codec options, and change the bitrate, and go to the advanced options and change the resolution, and speed and quality of the encoding job to your liking.
6: Flask it!, it should take about 4 hours Max, and it will encode the dvd into a .AVI file.

I have encoded DVD's to 700mb and they are still very good quality. Tweak the setting to your liking to get the ideal mix between file size and quality.

Also, there are plenty of tutorials on the net.

Wayne

The files that you got were .vob files... you can use something like dr divx to encrypt it into divx and make it a small file. OR take dvd decrypt and (I forget which tab, i think its mode) gor from file mode to .iso mode. Once you save the dvd as a .iso you can burn it to another dvd with easy cd creator. You then have an exact copy of the movie!

waynejkruse10 said:
FlaskMPEG
Wayne

Wow..

FlaskMPEG

the first ripper on the blackmarket made after jon johanson release his simple code for breaking encryption on dvd back in '99.

It's still out? What new options does it have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom