How do I make a separate partition private from other users?

Milt2016

Baseband Member
I'll explain more in detail. I just recently created a partition to save space on my hard drive with the OS ( I had so much space on a separate partition that was offline) so anyways, when I log on another standard user account he can see this partition but the Guest account cannot which is good. I only want the admin account (mine) to be able to see it, so I went into the security permissions tab and configured and removed all accounts but System and Admin because it wouldn't let me move system and the permissions and modify options are grayed out so I cannot change any of them. I am not exactly sure what the System group/account is and I was wondering if it's a way I can secure this permission so only the admin can see it. I tried researching and looking in the Microsoft KB.

If the other user accounts are not admin,
Simply change the permissions of the extra partition to deny read/write/execute

Add them (the Users group or the individual accounts) and explicitly deny access.

You can do what you want using the Group Policy, but you need to have Windows Pro, Ultimate or Enterprise versions.
I do not see what operating system your attempting to do this with

Group Policy isn't totally necessary tho - it can be done through the Security tab.

Per-user encryption would still be better, though.

Milt, have you been able to resolve this?
If not, I will create a small tutorial for you so let me know before I get started on this.

Back
Top Bottom