How Do I Look At "HIDDEN" Files?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nooble

Beta member
When I go to my C drive, on the bottom left corner, it says 15 files and 10 hidden files. I don't know how to access these hidden files, can somone please tell me how to make them visable? Maybe one of the hidden files could be a virus! Please tell me how to make them visable!

Nooble said:
When I go to my C drive, on the bottom left corner, it says 15 files and 10 hidden files. I don't know how to access these hidden files, can somone please tell me how to make them visable? Maybe one of the hidden files could be a virus! Please tell me how to make them visable!

Just curious, what operating system do you have

Thanks beedubya!

I have windows ME.

Guys, do you know what these files do? These were the hidden files:

_RESTORE
WUTemp
AUTOEXEC
BOOTLOG.PRV
BOOTLOG
CLASSES.1st
CONFIB.SYS
logwmemory
PANDA.RPT
sys3079

_restore is for xp restore, dont mess with it... wutemp is for windows updates... autoexec is a system file, pretty much usless in xp but dont mess with it.... bootlog.prv is a backed up previous copy of bootlog.txt and bootlog.txt is a system file... classes.1st I THINK is a back up of HCR (original is classes.dat) the classes.1st is the original config when first installed).... config.sys (thats probably what you meant) is a system file (see autoexec above),.... logwmemory is trainer spy (for pulling writen code from memory.. learning code are you???)... panda.rpt is part of panda antivirus.... sys3079... hmmm, that I'm not sure on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom