How Do I Install 2 OS's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychosis84

Solid State Member
I have a new laptop that has Vista Home Premium on it. I just bought Windows XP Pro w/ SP2. I want to install it so I can choose which OS to run for various different reasons. I have never had to do anything like this before. I *think* I remember hearing about Vista having a user friendly way of setting this up, but I have no idea.

Any help would be great. Thanx :)

First this disable any pagefile and defragment the partition vista is using.
Well since u have vista already installed, u have to use the xp disc way. XP should be able to pick up vista automatically.

Go into bios, change the first bootup device from harddrive to cd drive if its not already. insert the cd, and it will say to boot up from cd press enter, from there it loads items into ram, once thats complete it will automatically detect any harddrives and partitions. You will need to resize the partition more than likely, make sure to leave some space non partition, Choose fat32 if your going to place it into in a partition under 32 gb, if 33 or over go with ntfs.

after that install xp the way u normally would and when you restart ur pc it should go to a directory with a list of operating systems xp found during the installation. You can get alot more info if ur google it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom