How do I get screne captures from a DVD without the picture dissapearing later?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DARKastheRAIN

Beta member
I need to get some pictures off of a DVD for a school project because I can't find any good ones online.

I know how to do the print screen thing, but the problem is that when I try to do this with a paused DVD playing on my computer it doesn't work properly. At first it seems like it worked when I paste it into paint or something, but when I start moving it around to try to crop it, instead of behaving like a normal image file the DVD image stays in one place on the computer screen and only the frame of the copied window moves around and behaves normally. And then when I try to save it, when I close the DVD player the image turns black. It's like the DVD is being played through the image editor. I can only guess this is some sort of measure to prevent people from getting screen caps from DVD's which is just stupid.

So I tried to find some software online to do it and I found some that claimed that it would take screne caps from DVD's so I downloaded it, but when I tried to use it it did the EXACT SAME THING that the print screen key had done.

So is there a way to overcome this problem that actually works? (without having to pay any money for software or anything) I really need these pictures and I can't get them anywhere else.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

I did what that site said and disabled the hardware acceleration and now it works perfectly! Thank you so much, this thing has been plaguing me for ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom