How do I get rid of "Low disk space warning?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
þÄ®âÐÖx said:
Here's the registry setting you're looking for:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\
CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

Create a REG_DWORD value named NoLowDiskSpaceChecks and set it to 1.

You may need to log out or restart for the change to take place.

Perfect. Worked like a charm. Thanks. =)

DAVID_15 said:
what is virtual memory i saw that yesterday on xp home at my friends house?? i think he stuffed around with it or something and something happen so can some 1 me what it is

David, simply put, virtual memory is when Windows uses a portion of your HDD as memory.

Windows uses many types of memory actually. The most common type of memory people talk about is your system RAM (or the amount of RAM installed on your mobo). Sometimes when you run several applications at once, Windows may grab all of the available memory depending on what program you are trying to run. So if a system has 256 MB of RAM installed, and Windows needs more memory to run a particular application, it uses your hard drive as temporary 'storage' essentially. This method is much slower in retrieving code/data from the cpu to the hdd however, when the system has run out of memory it's the last viable option to run the application.

Don't mess around with virtual memory settings. Windows is far more capable of managing virtual memory (as it requires) than you could possibly guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom