How do i get rid of command prompt login in xp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

suicide007

In Runtime
My family computer is runnin winodws xp pro, and one day it started a different kind of login. Instead of clicking your name and typing in your password, you have to type your name in the top blank and your password below it.

Its not quite command prompt i know, but i needed a short way of saying it for the title.

My dad is crazy and has installed every free trial edition anti-spyware/virus program he ever sees onto that computer. It takes about 6 minutes to login, and its a dell xps w a 3ghz cpu and 1gb of ram. could one of those programs be doing this login thing for "added security" (not the slow login, i mean the type-your-name style login. The emphasis on how slow it logs in was to emphasize how much spyware stuff has to load.)

I just want to make sure i know exactly what im doing so i dont accidentally screw anything up, because then my dad will freak out like always, and wont let anyone on it, not even me to fix it. And then it will sit there for about a week, until he decides to call the asians that work for dell. He will get frustrated, and will cause everybody around him to be in a bad mood because of him. Then he will call some person that a co-worker recommended, and he will come over, and charge us through the roof to start in safe mode and delete something. Which means less money for christmas :( .

infact, i dont even know why i want to fix it. I use my own system(below). I guess its just that i wannna do something...kind? na, its probably for future leverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom