How do I format Acer laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And when I say restore disk, it may not be an actual restore disk, but a CD w/ the OS, drivers, and all software that originally came w/ the laptop. Okay, so they may not technically be 'restore disks' but they are some type of media with the original programs/drivers on them.

I don't know how they do it now, but my HP of 3 years ago came with one (not sure if i checked a box online during purchase or not, it was free either way), i've worked on a handfull of Sony's over the past two years, and all three (different models) came w/ restore / recover / OS CD's.

my mistake.

I'm really have been working on my temper as it has been pointed to me that I'm overly sensitive to comments made to me. my family member explain to me on how my dad was like that and how they always had to watch what they say around him.

when i heard the stories I now realize that I don't want to be like that. I discover this stuff while I was making my family tree and I was researching info from my older relatives. they didn't know the I was also like that, but I start to see that as they were talking about me when they were describing him

I apologize again

And when I say restore disk, it may not be an actual restore disk, but a CD w/ the OS, drivers, and all software that originally came w/ the laptop. Okay, so they may not technically be 'restore disks' but they are some type of media with the original programs/drivers on them.

I don't know how they do it now, but my HP of 3 years ago came with one (not sure if i checked a box online during purchase or not, it was free either way), i've worked on a handfull of Sony's over the past two years, and all three (different models) came w/ restore / recover / OS CD's.

3 years ago...

If you have bought a laptop from Best Buy or Circuit City within the past year, and it wasn't a Toshiba, it did not come with a recovery disc. And they won't just give you them, they charge $30.

3 years ago...

If you have bought a laptop from Best Buy or Circuit City within the past year, and it wasn't a Toshiba, it did not come with a recovery disc. And they won't just give you them, they charge $30.

then you aren't shopping in the right place. when I threaten to take my money elsewhere, those discs magically come up. but then again I don't buy a computer for a retail store. I buy them for a computer store like microcenter where they are cheaper anyway

Even when I sell laptops (I'm in retail, at a RadioShack), we don't have the recovery disks. If you want us to give them to you, we'll take your laptop out of the box, turn it on, make the discs for you, and charge labor rate for doing so. That's the only way we can "give" you the restore disks...that's for us, anyway...not sure if the bigger stores (since we're a small, locally-owned 'Franchise' RadioShack) have access to the discs or not.

Exactly carnage. I worked at Circuit City, that's how they do it, too... and I know Best Buy is the same.

Exactly carnage. I worked at Circuit City, that's how they do it, too... and I know Best Buy is the same.

That's kind of what I figured...I thought it highly doubtful that stores had access to the recovery disks, and other stores didn't lol.

there was this store called Krazy Kenny's here in columbus, Ohio. he would jack the legit discs from his computers and he would make you a burnt copy of his xp corporate disc when you complained about your disc. he also sold burnt copies of xp for retail price.

if you went off on him, he could find the legit discs. he eventually got busted and MS sue him for million of dollars

Well regardless, lets look back at the original post. He didn't say where he purchased it, or when it was purchased. **** it isn't even his laptop - it could be 4 years old, or two weeks. You guys are making assumptions, we don't know if he got it at Worst Buy or not, or if he got it directly from the Manf. like Dell or HP.

I was merely trying to give the guy options. But you all are right, i should have just said, sorry bud you're screwed, reformat the hard drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom