How do I change XP GUI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks.

I found the problem. It is that The computer Administrator is a member of a domain and not a workgroup. When this happens there is no normal login screen , only the ctr-alt-del screen. this link led me in the right direction.
I went thru this on another pc a while back and remember after changing from domain to workgroup I was locked out of windows and had to hack back in with a boot disc. so i am reading up on this here and here.
Glad you found it mate :). Sorry couldn't be as much help as needed but I did learn a few points :D.

Thanks.

I found the problem. It is that The computer Administrator is a member of a domain and not a workgroup. When this happens there is no normal login screen , only the ctr-alt-del screen. this link led me in the right direction.
I went thru this on another pc a while back and remember after changing from domain to workgroup I was locked out of windows and had to hack back in with a boot disc. so i am reading up on this here and here.

Thanks for posting the info. I really appreciate getting to learn the answers to these things!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom