How do activate vista Ultimate legaly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ric0h

Over and Above Person
my trial ran out, and unfortunately the key went out with the last person that bought a computer from me.

I heard there was a way to activate it for like 100 days trial? anyone know something about it?

OR anyone know how I re set it?

PLEASE NO ILLEGAL STUFF.... its just that I spend all my money on the new computer build, and would not have enough for another ultimate

I can't run command prompt on this low function vista.

Man this sucks. So there is nothing I can do??

Nope. Only thing you can do is try Safe Mode or buy a serial for it.

That it why it is called Reduced Functionality Mode. Should have come here a couple of days ago. Might have been able to do something then.

I am thinking of doing restore, but I dont have the disc..... Any ideas?

Does it have a Recovery Partition? That will be your only hope. It will take it back to factory settings. A restore wont do nothing cause as soon as you boot it will see that you are past the evaluation period.

hmmm, or is there a way I can get acess to hard drive?

If I Can I can probably do the tweak for more trial days.

No. There is no way to access the drive from another PC to get the tweak to work. You have to have that install active for it to work. So it can reset the timer.

You might be able to change the files around that the Reduced Functionality Mode uses. Though i guess it would be illegal, even though you are doing it to activate the trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom