How to delete/prevent recent documents list???

Status
Not open for further replies.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Baseband Member
I searched the web and windows help already so dont say search, my problem is, when u click "open" in a program like notepad or word, you can click "recent" on the left and all the recent documents opened are there.

How do you:

1. Delete them all, as i cannot drag the mouse to select them it doesnt come up, all i have to individually delete them which i dont want to do.
2. Disable it so that documents i open are no longer put there.

What OS are you using?

In XP, this is based on a couple things. First is MRU cache, the other is application specific.
What programs are you wanting to keep clean? or everything?

It is XP. What exactly should i do? Well ideally it would be every program, but most importantly Notepad and Word.

Easy one, right click on the taskbar, click properties, start menu, customize, advanced, click clear list and then uncheck list my most recent opened documents

IIIIIIIIIIIIIII said:
I searched the web and windows help already so dont say search, my problem is, when u click "open" in a program like notepad or word, you can click "recent" on the left and all the recent documents opened are there.

How do you:

1. Delete them all, as i cannot drag the mouse to select them it doesnt come up, all i have to individually delete them which i dont want to do.
2. Disable it so that documents i open are no longer put there.

I don't know if he is trying to do that or he's try to remove recent files in his programs. so I gave him a second option. I would have listed the first but warez beat me to it

Inaris said:
What OS are you using?

In XP, this is based on a couple things. First is MRU cache, the other is application specific.
What programs are you wanting to keep clean? or everything?

what is your solution?

No that doesnt work, that just deletes the start menu recent documents thing.

Please read what i said:

my problem is, when u click "open" in a program like notepad or word, you can click "recent" on the left and all the recent documents opened are there.
Thats what im talking about.

And i cant get/use evidence eliminator for certain reasons so please do not mention it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom