how to delete a partition

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyromania

Baseband Member
hi im having some trouble with my hard drive :(

i had some problems in the past and i had to reinstall my OS but now the previous OS is still in the hard drive.

my OS is windows 7
the previous OS is in a file called Windows.old
and it says i have to be a administer to be able to delete it

any help is nice

-_- so? this is what the partition process said "any partition would be named windows.old" well not that clearly xd

Is the Windows.old under the C: drive?

E.g. Path is: C:\Windows.old\<old files here>

it's not working i change ownership to me but it still asking for administration permission

well it did say i am owner but it is asking me if i want to delete is doesn't know it's me who is deleting it Xd

you don't have permission to delete this object ask user:---------------- (me) and i gave my user full control of this file (which it has total of 50gb that it is taking away from my hard drive)

Is it referencing a specific file? Try deleting individual folders, one at a time and see if that gets you anywhere.

You could also try booting in Safe Mode and try deleting.

yes it is referring to A file probably the actual prev OS files

i guess i have to format the hard drive if i want to get rid of those files i really don't want to do that..
oh well i will have to live with it

...you don't have to format the drive...

If it's referencing a specific file, why didn't you tell me the name when I said tell me the exact message its giving you?

Did you try deleting things in increments? Or try deleting everything but that file?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom