How to copy text out of window

Status
Not open for further replies.

papaj

Solid State Member
HI All,

I am working with an application in Windows. I have a window which I need to copy text out of. I can highlight the text in blue and even have the Copy selction available when I right click. When I open up notepad to paste the info in, nothing is pasted. this may be too general, let me know what other information I can provide.

Thanks-

Papaj

The program is an an OPC client (OLE Process Automation) an applications used for automation industry. When highlight the test I want and right click I see a menu with different option which are related to the program, as well as the standard cut,paste, copy etc.

I can cut and then paste but only within the window. It seems like when I copy or cut it is not going to the Windows Clipboard. If I cut and then go to notepad or wordpad I cannot paste. It seems that the copy is not going to the Windows Clipboard and there may be no way to interact with the function they had setup for the copy, there is no API. Is there any other way someone may know of to work aorund this, or to copy the text out of the window.

With great thanks-

papaj

Have you tried to drag and drop the text? Highlight it, and then left click and hold down on the body of text, and drag it to the notepad/wordpad window and release the left mouse button.

You could use an old-fashioned PrintScreen and paste it into Paint. That's another way to test to see if Clipboard is indeed not working.

However, if you want to copy/paste to manipulate the text, my method won't help you at all. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom