How can I restrict computer access?

Status
Not open for further replies.

onyo

In Runtime
Im in college and my roommates are cause for lots of bad things with my computer.
Is there a way to limit their users access so they can only use firefox and the internet and not change, uninstall, install, or download anything?

I remember back in grade-school a teachers aide had the computers set up so whenever someone who wasn't the administrator tried do do almost anything, and password prompt came up.

Something along those lines.

Thanks abunch

Make their accoutn a Limited Account. That will prevent them from installing or unisntalling anything. It will also prevent downloads. You would have to find a Group Policy to enforce Firefox though.

What OS?

If it is windows xp professional edit the local group policy you can make it do what ever you want. Just a lot of reading the functions of each option. If you do not have XP Pro use a limited account but thats very weak.

how can i do it so it just affects their user and not mine, and how can i turn off the settings 'on the go' with just entering a fast password. is there anyway to do these things?
thanks

Well they would have to be on limited accounts and you would have to be the Admin account.

To turn it off on the go i dont think there is a way. You would have to grant them access via the Admin account.

If you made changes to the Limited Accounts it should not affect the Admin account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom