how can I raise this score?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaksback

Fully Optimized
This is the best score on 3DMark2001 that I have been able to get:

3dmarksescore.jpg

What other tweaks can I do to get a higher score without having to purchase a whole new vid card or memory, etc. I also don't want to burn the card out by overclocking. I am running the vid at 1024 x 768 at 32 bit, 75 htz refresh rate. The rest of my specs are down below....

Other than overclocking, there's not much you can do to improve a 3DMark score except maybe eliminating unnecessary background tasks while you're benchmarking, trying some different video drivers (the newest isn't always the fastest), or tweaking some BIOS settings (ie. memory timings).

Keep in mind that Celerons and Radeon 9200's are mainly geared towards casual gamers, and not hardcore enthusiasts. ~6000 3DMarks is about what I would expect from that combination.

Cleaning the inside of my PC with the help of a paintbrush increased my PCMARKS by about 25 on an average. :D

Try disabling the useless services by typing services.msc in RUN command box.

Use softwares like Customiser XP to tweak Ur system.

Defrag Ur HDD.
:)

got it, odd though that physically cleaning the insides would raise benchmarks

Dust is the main enemy for computer Hardware.
It acts as an insulator and when it gets accumulated on the heat sinks and fans, prevents the heat from getting dissipated into the atmosphere.
So dust comes in the way of smooth functioning of hardware.
:)

well i knew that part, but i wouldn't think that it would effect a benchmark....i guess it would...what i was looking for though was software tweak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom