How can I make ISO files?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupremeRuler99

purveyor of fine cheeses
I have 'The Sims 2 University' installed on m PC and it is one of my most favourite games.

However, what I do not like, is the fact that the more I use the CD the more damaged it becomes. No matter how careful you are with a CD it always manages to get those tiny little scratches. Anyway...

How can I make an ISO image of the game so that I can still play 'The Sims' without having to constantly run the CD which causes wear on the CDROM and the CDROM drive. One piece of software I tried couldn't do it because the game is copy protected, and the other I tried bypassed the copy protection only to tell me that it was going to take a long, long, long time. So long in fact I have considered making my own Sims 2 game.

To my knowledge I am not trying to break the law: I own the original game CD, and the image I make will not be used by anyone other than me.

So, is there an easy and fast way to make an image of my 'Sims 2' CDROM? Any pointers would be great.

DAEMON Tools to run the game from an ISO or other Image with anti-copy protection things:
http://www.daemon-tools.cc/

Not sure if it can create images (not at home), if not, just use CloneCD, Alcohol 120%, BlindWrite etc! They can all rip images.

And I know, those scratches piss me off ;-) I've had several run ins with losing my CDs to those, and I throw a major fit at the companies for putting protection on. All but one I've gotten then to send me a free copy. I mean, really, I used to make backups of all the games and use them -- instead of the originals -- but since the protections -- I can't do that. Kind-of retarded, they know "we" always get around it--why the heck do they bother?! :p

You don't neccesarely have to make an ISO. You can use any image format as long as you have a program to mount it. (mds, bin, iso etc.)
I suggest Alcohol 120% or Virtual CD v4. They both can make an image and mount it in a virtual CD device.

I'll look into all those programmes, however I have Nero and it wouldn't let me make an image. It went all stupid.

Well, I just tried Nero but it didn't work very well. The image was about 50mb less in size than the CD and refused to work without the CD. Grrr!

Next, I shall try CloneCD. I have no issues with virtual drives and running the images, it's just the image making that seems to be difficult. There doesn't seem to be anything out there as everything I have tried so far is either really slow, or can't bypass EA's pointless protection.

Alcohol 120% specialize in this. you can have 32 games mount on different virtual drives at the same time

I tried to make an image with Alcohol 52%, but after 2 seconds it just threw up error after error. So I stopped it thinking that surely with that many errors it wouldn't work. But I will try Alcohol 120%, I'll try anything at this stage!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom