how to boot from cd or get into bios with USB keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohGrFreak

ID.10T
Just a super duper quick question, I have a USB keyboard that doesn't get recognized until AFTER I get into windows. This means A) I can't boot from CD, and B) I can't get into the BIOS to choose boot from CD.

Is there a simple workaround for this?

In such a hurry, I forgot to say that I just want to reinstall windows, I am only in a hurry because I have the flu and the computer that needs the reinstall is in the cold basement.

First use the PS/2 adapter to get into BIOS. Look around, and find the place to enable USB mice/keyboards. Save the changes, and then shut down the comp. Plug your USB back in, and see if that works.

yeah, i did some more searching around and came to the conclusion that it can't be done (unless i get into the bios like you said, but again, not with a usb kb). my kensington keyboard doesn't use or at least didn't come with a ps2 adapter and i don't have a spare one lying around, so it looks like i'll be ganking my upstair's PC's keyboard to use.

thanks.

Just a suggestion but have you checked for a BIOS update? Most of the BIOS's i work with now at least allow for this method since USB devices are more common the PS/2 devices.

Maybe a BIOS upgrade will allow for you to get into the BIOS then...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom