how to

Status
Not open for further replies.

imasternoman

Solid State Member
is there a way to remove an operating system leaving the other untouched and what is a good site to learn about computers from

Do you dual boot, on 2 partitions? Or are they both on the same partition (which I don't believe you can do).

So I'd guess that it's on 2 different partitions. In that case, you can format the partition that Win2000 is on and WinXP will be fine.

everytime i bootup i get asked which i would like to use i dont know if that helps cause i dont really know if they are on one partition or two and how do i format

Okay, did you install them yourself?
To see if you've got them on different partitions (which I think you do becuase of the option on boot-up) once you're in Windows, go to Start -> My Computer -> See how many drives you have

If you've got 2, and you've only got 1 hard drive, that means that your hard drive is partitioned. Basically, if you have more drives than you do hard drives, it means that your hard drive(s) are partitioned. And by drives, I'm not signifying the CD drives and the Floppy drives etc..

yes i have one hard drive so they are on different partitions so how would i go about removing win2000 oh yeah thankyou for explaining partitions to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom