hotmail and outlook - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 10:26 AM   #11 (permalink)
Super Techie

Send a message via AIM to benzimm86

I dont know if they have this for hotmail but i found it a few months back for yahoo mail. In order to use yahoo mail you have to pay for it. I believe it was:
http://www.YPOPsEmail.com/
http://dbeusee.home.comcast.net/

I am double checking to make sure

I will also look further for hotmail ones.

thermaltake volcano 12
1 gig ddr pc2100
thermaltake purepower 420w psu
dvd-rw
audigy 2 platinum sound card
Old 11-17-2005, 10:40 AM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to talldude123

microsoft outlook 2002 and 2003 have a built-in feature that connects to your hotmail account.

Old 11-17-2005, 02:09 PM   #13 (permalink)
Newb Techie

I'm using windows XP, so whatever version of outlook is used there is what I've got. It is a free hotmail account.

So outlook 2003 works with a free hotmail account?
Old 11-17-2005, 06:38 PM   #14 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via ICQ to Osiris Send a message via AIM to Osiris Send a message via MSN to Osiris Send a message via Yahoo to Osiris

I just did it with outlook 2003 and it works. Last time I wanted to do this, you had to be a paying member. So it does work.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:43 PM   #15 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via ICQ to Osiris Send a message via AIM to Osiris Send a message via MSN to Osiris Send a message via Yahoo to Osiris

How to Configure a Hotmail Account in Outlook
You must have a pre-existing Hotmail account to create an e-mail account in Outlook that accesses Hotmail servers. If you try to create an account in Configuration Manager, it does not work. After you have a Hotmail account, you can use Outlook to work with Hotmail. Use the following steps to configure the Hotmail information service: 1. Start Outlook, and on the Tools menu, click E-mail Accounts.
2. In the E-mail Accounts dialog box, click to select the Add a new E-mail Account option, and then click Next.
3. In the Server Type dialog box, click HTTP.
4. In the E-mail Accounts dialog box, enter the required information by using the following guidelines:a. User Information• Your Name: This should be your full name.
• E-mail Address: This is your Hotmail address. Your e-mail address usually takes the form of a combination of your first and last name, separated by the at sign (@) and followed by Hotmail.com. For example, John Doe uses an e-mail address of JohnD@Hotmail.com.

b. Log on Information• User Name: This will usually be the part of your e-mail address to the left of the at sign (@).
• Password: You select your password.
• You can click to select the check box to have Outlook remember your e-mail account password.

c. Server Information• HTTP Mail Service Provider: (Hotmail): This menu lists all of the Web e-mail providers that are enabled; Hotmail is available in this list.
• Server URL: Another choice is available in the HTTP Mail Service Provider box. If you click Other, the Server URL text box is available. You can enter the URL location of your HTTP e-mail service here.

d. Click More Settings. This takes you to the Internet E-mail Settings dialog box, where you can modify your Internet E-mail Account.