Hopeless

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanOldw83

Daemon Poster
A friend of mine has a Windows 95 machine. The other day he got a disk almost full message then when he rebooted he couldnt boot past the Windows logo screen. Now it won't even go to the logo screen. He has sensitive information on the computer and he wants me to get the info off the drive for him. My question is, Without a backup or image of his drive when it was functional is there any program or any way i can get his information off the drive? Thanks.

Love the Post...LOL.. Have ya tried booting from the A drive? Also whatcha mean "Disk Almost Full" Ya mean the HD out of space? Will it Boot in Safe Mode? Can ya get into the Bios and verify the settings? Has he added anything Lately? You also need to add your Spec's.

slave the drive to another computer. That would be your best option. Probably your only option for this...

Good luck

Thanks for the ideas guys, next time im t his house ill try what you said. I'm happy i found this site!:D

Yeah, Go with Inaris suggestion, Much easier and it'll show if ya got a dead HD or not.

Thanks for the help guys. I slaved the drive and saved the info after a ran scandisk, the drive was so chopped up. thanks again. You guys are the :cool:est

The Hardrive was nearly full, with very little extra space on it. I doubt it had ever been defragged or scanned for errors. It was only a pentium 166 so i gave him a hardrive with all his data on it and told him to get a new computer. Checked stuff with my dads ohmeter (sp?) and barely got a charge so i think the Mobo was on its last legs. He was definitely getting a new computer and its a good thing because the hardrive screws were soldered into place so i had to use some brute strength to get them out:wooha:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom