Homepage Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

mac12251

Solid State Member
Just installed a new hard drive and everything is working fine. Now I find that every time I go on line instead of going to haome page of Google It comes up to About Blank. How Do I get rid of this. I keep making the change but it returns to About Blank. Thanks Running Windows Xp

Are you sure that you are hitting apply when you make the changes.

Also I do not think it is spyware. If it was, it would of changed your homepage to a site filled with ads.

I am running Internet Explorer I have run my anti Virus but it showed no problems. I have hit apply every time bu to no avail.

Yeah that about:blank thing has happened to me before as well. It was either a worm or spyware, but since you've checked and said it's not a virus then it rules it out. It might be spyware.

One of the hardest spyware to get rid of. Good luck! (if you want to save yourself a few hundred headaches, back up your data, format and reinstall windows.

Yes I beleive I will Just reformat as I have tried everything I can think of plus the info I received from you all. This About Blank is a real bad trojan to get rid off. I will try a couple of other things I heard about and if they work I will advise you. Thank for the Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom