Homegroup Sharing Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ben2the4th

In Runtime
I have two different computers that are running on a network. One computer is a desktop that is connected directly to a switch, it is running Windows 7. The other is a laptop that is running Windows 7 and is connected through wireless. I'm on the homegroup which has about 7 other people on it. Both computers I applied the password to, and I can see all the files of each homegroup user from both the laptop and the desktop.

Now the problem occurs when I try on the desktop: Right Clicking on the "Documents" folder from "Libraries" view, and I Share With the Homegroup (Read/Write). I then go on my laptop to access the shared "Documents" folder and it's not there. I tried reentering the Homegroup password a few times on both computers, and it hasn't changed anything.

Thanks for your time and help Tech Forums :).

I checked the "Public" and "Home" sections of advanced options from Network and Sharing Center, and both computers have all sharing options to "ON". Both networks are set to "Home" and I also set all Firewall rules to "Enabled > Allow Connection" for any Homegroup or Sharing services. Sadly, I still can not access files on my Desktop from my Laptop.

I ended up using the Workgroup instead and it works. What is weird is that the Homegroup worked for about 30 minutes one day and then stopped working quickly afterwards. I'll guess never understand the mystery that is Homegroups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom