HIMEM.SYS Missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demalii

Fully Optimized
Hey guys.. I'm up at work and I'm working on a system.. I installed Advanced system optimizer just to look at what it had so i could write those down and tell my boss about the program, so i un-installed. At this time spybot had finished and was going to start at bootup to remove the rest of the problems and norton antivirus had finished running, so I restarted and I'm getting the windows protection error. So I started in safe mode and Windows is performing an illegal operation. Then I do step-by-step and it shows the HIMEM.SYS is missing.. I'm making a startup disk, it couldn't find the cdrom.. go figure.. BTW I don't know the system specs, just that the os is 98se.. Any help would be wonderful! w00t

ohhk.. so i made the startup disk and it's saying registry not found.. i'm bummed lol

Boot up w/ the Win98 boot diskette and at the DOS prompt, type "scanreg /restore" w/ out the quotes.

i tried with the diskette and from the cd-rom, which i got working by using a different bootup disk.. it takes 2 seconds and comes back with bad command or file name..

edit* bah, it was under the win98 dir, ty lone i got it.. hopefully

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom