High resolution screen problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacLeod

Solid State Member
I have a client using XP Pro with a 20" flat screen monitor. Due to a custom app, she requires the highest resolution of 1600 x 1200. The app runs fine, the resolution is no problem....

However, her screen saver is set to Beziers (squiggly lines moving all over the place for the unfamiliar). The screen saver image is fine. When the mouse is moved though, the screen resolution is reset to 1280 x 1024.

I know I can just not let the client use that screen saver and everything's fine, but I'd rather find a solution or the cause. All power settings are set to always on.

Any suggestions?

First off I know asking for help with the user in mind isnt allways practical. I mean if this user likes Beziers then we should fine a way to make everything work out that way. Was a computer consultant, I know how it is. Theres also alotta 'its f--ked reformat' which isnt always a good answer.

Try another screensaver just to see if it does it with that one.
You could try turning off hibernation. Maybe theres a problem with it writes the mem to disk or something like that and just resets to default?

just a few ideas hope that helps.

Tried a different screensaver and nothing went wrong, the res stayed the way it was supposed to. Asked the user to keep the balnk screen saver for now. I'm still wondering what the cause is though. I have an identical box and screen res, but beziers doesn't jack with the res on the second machine. Could it be related to the video card?

Neither box has hibernation option checked.

a blank screen or the screen turned off is a better alternative to a screen saver anyway. even if the screen saver is moving, an image can still be burnt to the display

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom