Hiding icons in the systemtray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gwadue

Beta member
I would like to know how you can hide certain programs that start up in the systemstay? I am using windows XP and i know you can right click on start and go 2 properties|taskbar|customize and set it to always hide but it will still show if u click on the arrow.... I believe there is a way u can hide it by going in to the registry so that when windows loads the program will still load in the systemtray but will not be shown at all... not use if this makes sense to any one but would really like some help as it has been bugging me for to long! thanks you

hi dude
first go to startup menu and click on run then type msconfig there u will find an option startup in that u can see all the prgrams which r running and which r on system tray by unticking a specified program that program can removed from system tray .

yes u can, but im pretty sure hes talking about removing the icon from the sys tray but still having the prog. run at startup. if u uncheck them in msconfig they will no longer start when windows does.

Yer that is what i want to do.. romve the icon in the systray but still have the program run at startup...i did try that msconfig but didnt work because it didnt run the program at start up at all :(
Ne more suggestions plz ppl??

I would be very greatful if some1 could tell me how this is done because i would really really really like to know! thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom