hide swap file partition

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBMan

Daemon Poster
no, im not asking how, i know how to hide it from my computer, but im wondering if i create a partition for my swap file, and i go into computer management and remove the drive letter from that partition will that screw anything up? i find it kinda of annoying and pointless to have access to a drive you never access so thats why im wondering...

mmm.. why are you creating a swap for windows? it doesn't make much difference as long as it's on the same physical hard drive (and i didn't read any windows article that recommends a swap anyhow :p)

i don't see any preceiveble way of hiding the partition either.. in linux, you can just set the partition type to swap, and be done with it..

i know what swap is in windows.. again, why are you putting that on a different partition?

the only preceiveble adventage is to put it on a different physical drive, which will speed things up considerably.. but other than that, your better off just lumping all of them to one :D

ok, and even if i did that, is it gonna screw windows up if i made that partition "invisible"

The above post is righteous.....If you have more than one drive just disable the page file on the master and put it on the slave. If you have one drive and 1 gig+ of memory, the page file will very rarely be accessed anyway, I have 2 gigs of mem and my page file log is blank!!!!! You are attempting to create a solution for a problem that doesn't (shouldn't, anyway) exist!!! I not sure what kind of logic error that is but it's huge!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom