Hide spyware

Status
Not open for further replies.

TroubledParent

Solid State Member
Dear Members:

I have a problem with my daughter accessing all kinds of unwanted sites which is not good either for her or for us the parents and well wishers. While I know it's happening I can't confront her with proof. She has her own laptopn with Windows XP installed. She bought that with her own money and so she does not let use it. However the laptop is at home whenever she goes out.

My questions are:

a) How do i make a bootable CD to boot the laptop without changing ANY of the existing configuration.
b) I intend to use OPHCRACK to get the admin password.
c) How do i install keylogger software on the laptop without her detecting it. Her laptop has Spybot, and Anti-Virus program on it which runs everyday.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I can't see my daughter destroying her life! If this forum does not allow posting an answer to such querries, please send me an email directly at "troubledparent101@yahoo.com". Thanks again.

How old is your daughter? Installing a keystroke logger without it being found by her AV will be difficult. I had one years ago that cost me some cash but worked quite well for busting my (now ex) wife. BUT there was no AV software on her computer either. You can download Knoppix and burn as an .iso to boot her PC. Check her cookies and history folder as well as temp folder. Glad I'm not the only parent that has kids that make irresponsible choices. Good luck.

My daughter is 19 yrs.old. So she is not a minor. But, I don't want her to destroy her life.

I have windows XP installed on both her laptop and on another PC in my home. I also have a original XP CD. How do I burn a bootable CD?

In AVG and Spybot can we specify the keylogger program as safe and to ignore it in the scan?

I appreciate your help.

Download Knoppix (or some other Linux live distro) save it to your computer as .iso file, then use roxio or whatever to burn it to cd.
Can't remember what program I used, but try this site. Might find what you want, might find more problems.
Untitled Document

And again, good luck.

Thanks for the info.

I see a warning msg. for KNOPPIX sw at the following download site.

KNOPPIX Insteller to Windows2000,XP

Do you know if it's safe? I would not want to use it if it were to change any of the parameters. Thanks again

The msg is as follows:

CAUTION: THIS IS EXPERIMENTAL SOFTWARE. IT CHANGES FUNDAMENTAL PARTS OF WINDOWS. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.THE DEVELOPERS CAN NOT BE HELD LIABLE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES FOR DAMAGE TO HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE, LOST DATA, OR OTHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT DAMAGE RESULTING FROM THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE.CAN NOT BE HELD LIABLE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES FOR DAMAGE TO HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE, LOST DATA, OR OTHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT DAMAGE RESULTING FROM THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE.

My daughter is 19 yrs.old. So she is not a minor. But, I don't want her to destroy her life.

I have windows XP installed on both her laptop and on another PC in my home. I also have a original XP CD. How do I burn a bootable CD?

In AVG and Spybot can we specify the keylogger program as safe and to ignore it in the scan?

I appreciate your help.

Okay let me get this straight. Your daughter is 19. Which means that she is no minor and can make choices of her own. Yet you still wish to control her and her PC usage?

How is using a PC going to destroy her life when EVERYTHING in the world revolves around PC's? All major utilties, gov't, universities, schools, just about everything runs off PC's now. Yet you wish to control her.

I am not trying to be mean but what? Come on. My neice is 3 and she has more PC privledges tha your 19 yr old. Yes i set up teh PC not to allow certain images, let alone web sites. There has been no instance of any kind of problme on that PC. Yet here you are trying to install a keylogger.

I am sorry but to me that is a bit over-protective. If the news stories about the MySpace rapist and other such things doesnt deter her you think installing a keylogger on to her PC will stop her? Then what do you do when she uses a school PC or a PC at a library? You gonna try and install keyloggers on all of them as well?

Here is what you do. Sit her down and talk, yes TALK to your 19 year old daughter and warn her of the dangers of using her real name on the web. Warn her never to give out her personal info or pictures to anyone.

Anything short of that and you are only going to be fighting a losing battle. Yeah you can install a keylogger. Maybe even one that can get by AVG and spybot for now. What happens when they get updated and sends her a notice? What do you say then? What happens if she decides to start taking her Laptop with her?

I am sorry for being so rude on this matter but trying to avoid the situation will not solve the problem. TALK to her. Make her understand the seriousness of the internet. Only then can you really prevent problems.

I have tried everything you have mentioned. I have tried talking to her and explaining everything. But I know she's in bad company whihc she does not want to give up. My effort is to know to what extent she's into it so that I can talk with her based on facts and appropriately.

I must she isn't bad ways mainly b 'coz of me, I have given too much money, liberty to do what ever she wanted to all in the name of freedom, but unknowingly or under wrong influence she has misused all that. My effort is to bring her back on the right path. Thanks!

Been there, done that. Got the court appearances to prove it. At some point she is going to have to face the consequences of her choices. You cannot protect her forever. If she gets really p***** off about what you are doing, she'll simply move out of your house and then you won't have any control at all over who or what is in her life. Love your daughter, tell her your concerns, let her know you don't approve, ask her to follow the rules of the house. If she doesn't want to comply, help her find her own place. She's not your little girl anymore and has a mind of her own. Ultimately she is responsible for her actions no matter how irresponsible they may be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom