hibernating, would this work

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcoax

Baseband Member
I have 2 hard drives, both have an operating system and work with the same computer. If Im on one of the drives, then I hibernate it.
Then if I take that HD out, and I put the other drive, will it load everything from the beginning? Then if put the other one back, will it start from the hibernating position?

When you hibernate, does the hibernating information rest on the hard drive or somewhere else in the computer? If I swap in another drive, will it try to start it from the hibernating position, or it will see that the OS is not still loaded and will start from the beginning? Then when I change to the previous one, it will recognize that it was hibernated?

Thanks

Hello,

Yes, the operating system on the newly installed drive would boot as if it weren't hibernated. When you swap hard drive again with the one containing a hibernated copy of Windows, then the OS should wake from a hibernated state without any problems.

You can't however, do this if the drives were in the machine at the same time, in a master and slave, dual boot configuration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom