Hi, my friend needs some urget help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

timmtc

Beta member
Hi, my friend needs some urgent help.

Hello. Yesterday afternoon my friend and I were idling in irc and whatnot, chatting etc. We both got infected with that large jessica alba virus, which in turn deleted many of our registry keys forcing us to format as we could not even rollback our comps or restart. I had a smooth reformat/reinstallation of XP pro. However, his computer has had difficulty

Basically, he finally got around to formatting his hard drive, which took almost all night after error after error. Now hes got another problem. Whenever he tries to install any OS, he gets the following error :

Invalid system disk
replace the disk and then press any key"
/me presses any key
"DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER"
there is no floppy in, only that CD.

This is while attempting to install windows XP from a cd. We've tried almost everything we could think of, even clearing cmos etc. He still can't install an operating system. If anyone can help please respond with any ideas asap. Thank you. (we have tried 9x (98se) and xp cd's so its not one particular CD)

what does it say about the Hard Drive on the POST?
maybe the virus might have made it difficult for him to format (although I don't know why the same virus would have different effects) and maybe the format didn't run through correctly.
did he only have that one format? and what did he format as? (FAT32, NTFS)

try fdisk /mbr could it be a boot sector virus? I havnt looked into the virus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom